Topics & Programs
The Like Economy: The Biggest Trends in Social Media
- People are sleeping with their smartphones. We spend more time talking to each other on Facebook than face-to-face. Is your company benefitting from this?
- We’re marketing and selling in person, online and via mobile. How do you influence people with your smartphone? On Facebook and LinkedIn?
- Is Snapchat or Twitter worth it or a waste of time? Instagram? Skype? The answers will surprise you.
Brian separates the profitable from the not, the must-do’s from the wait-and-see’s and where to invest your time and money, both now and in the future.
The Biggest Bang for Your Buck: How To Maximize Your Social Media
(This talk can be presented in MANAGEMENT, LEADERSHIP, MARKETING or SALES versions)
- There are eight major social platforms, plus Google, Bing, email marketing, and funnels… Can you do it all? What’s worth doing? How do you prioritize?
- Succeeding at viral is hard. What kind of content gets shared? What happens to those who don’t advertise?
- Which ad platforms are best, how many should you use and how do you budget for them?
- Which marketing channels are the top companies and marketers using? Which ones are getting the best results?
- Brian separates the profitable from the wastes of time, the must-do’s from the wait-and-see’s and where to invest your time and money, both now and in the future.
Beer, Golf and Bacon GIF’s: How Salespeople Sell with Social Media
(This is a SALES talk)
- Sales is changing. Traditional sales skills are still critical, but relationships are being built and maintained online, too.
- People are sleeping with their smartphones. We spend more time talking to each other on Facebook than face-to-face. Have your salespeople adapted?
- We’re marketing and selling in person, online and via mobile. How do you create and maintain relationships with people with your smartphone? On Facebook and LinkedIn?
- Is Snapchat or Twitter worth it? Instagram? Skype? Which social networks should salespeople use? The answers will surprise you.
- Do salespeople blog? Advertise? Is it worth it? Brian reveals case studies of what really works and a variety of options for salespeople with different skill levels and differing amounts of time and support staff.
E-Leadership: Remote Communication Skills for the Modern Manager
(This talk can be presented in EXECUTIVE, DIRECTOR or MIDDLE-MANAGEMENT versions)
- More and more, your effectiveness with email, social media and other digital formats is determining your leadership success. The key to employee engagement is to make sure that your people know that distance and location have no bearing on how connected you are to their value.
- How much are you leading in person, compared to your email communication? Are you managing remote workers around the country, across the world or just people in other buildings?
- Are you struggling to connect when it’s impossible to meet face-to-face?
- Brian is going to teach you how to combine your best leadership skills and deliver them in an online format. Not only can you often match the impact of face-to-face communication with your employees, but you can often exceed it.
- This talk helps you to envision, navigate and implement a tech-empowered future full of enthusiastic, loyal employees: building culture, fostering new ideas, driving profits and lowering costs.
ERUPTION NOT DISRUPTION: Easy Ways to Bulletproof Your Company That Every Employee Needs To Participate In
(This talk can be presented in LEADERSHIP, MARKETING, SALES or CUSTOMER SERVICE versions)
- Disruption is coming: Amazon killed off Borders. Netflix murdered Blockbuster. Uber is bludgeoning taxis and airports. If your customers aren’t thrilled and you’re not innovating, you may be next.
- Discover how top companies are capitalizing on change to prepare for the future and prevent disruption.
- Learn how to make the customers of today and tomorrow happy.
Generation WHY NOT? How Millennials, Gen X and Boomers Can Work Together
(This talk can be presented in MANAGEMENT, LEADERSHIP, MARKETING, CUSTOMER SERVICE or SALES versions)
Millennials are here and they’re definitely different… and uniquely valuable. Do you know how they like to be marketed to, why they buy and what they want in customer service?
- How to market, sell and serve each generation to boost the bottom line.
- Each generation’s special strengths and skills.
- How to come together to form Voltron, creating unbeatably strong and productive intergenerational teams inside your company.
Zombies, Babies & Bacon: What Your Customers Want… And How to Give It To Them
(This is a MARKETING, SALES or CUSTOMER SERVICE talk)
It’s easier than ever using social data to get bigger marketing results, beat the competition and excite customers. If you haven’t achieved this yet, it’s not your fault- it may just be a data problem: there’s an overwhelming amount of new info out there, things change fast, and experts regularly contradict each other about what’s most important.
- Trends are opening up a window of opportunity. People have massively adopted social media, a ton of consumer data is available there, and businesses need more efficient marketing. Data is empowering how we market, sell and serve customers. We can easily and affordably identify our most passionate customer segments and what most excites each. These insights boost engagement, sales and loyalty. When you validate what your audience loves, your profitability skyrockets.
- Real companies are already making this happen. PayPal discovered their best customers loved The Walking Dead TV Show, so they created a video about PayPal and Zombies, and it got 4x the views of their average video. DirectBuy found its customers were most likely to buy when shown ugly red and brown furniture, not the clean white modern furniture their merchandising department expected. We tripled Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s likes once we found that their customers love bacon make than anything.
- Based on his forthcoming book, Brian shares even more stories and teaches a simple three-step process anyone can use to maximize their marketing, sales and customer service results.
GroupLike: Tapping Into Social Trends and Outliers to Create Your Own Tipping Point
(This talk can be presented in LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT, MARKETING or SALES versions)
- There’s a ton of data out there now about consumers, companies products, behaviors, interests, and what people want right now. There are also internal communication and management tools for onsite and remote workers.
- Is your company using these tools and data to tune into what your customers and employees want?
- Are you using it to see what the competition is doing well, or poorly and find the best areas to strike?
- Brian helps you envision and navigate a tech-empowered future full of enthusiastic, delighted and loyal customers and employees, driving up your profits and lowering your costs.
Hack Your Customer’s Brain: How Social Brands are Evolving to Entertain, Obtain & Retain Customers
(This talk can be presented in MARKETING, SALES or CUSTOMER SERVICE versions)
- The power of newly available even free huge consumer databases you can use to get social, economic and behavioral information about your customers and prospects.
- How to do small tests on your prospects and customers to find out what language and ideas they respond best to, which ones they ignore and which ones they hate!
- How everything we’ve learned as humans, friends, business people so far fits into the new world of technology- what still works and what has changed?