Brian Carter: Motivational Speaker on Preventing Disruption
How Are Agile Organizations Avoiding Disruption And Harnessing the Power of Innovation to Leap Forward?
Keynote speaker Brian Carter’s highly entertaining, customized and research driven keynotes answer the big question: “How do you bulletproof your organization against disruption and leverage innovation to become more successful than ever?”
Brian Carter’s Disruption Keynote & Breakout Descriptions
WORKFORCE SHIFT HAPPENS
5 Ways to Adapt to a Changed Workforce and Boost Employee Retention
(This talk can be presented in LEADERSHIP, TEAMWORK, or MANAGEMENT versions)
It’s harder than ever to keep good talent. You may have heard of “quiet quitting.” Did you know, there are 2.3 million people on Reddit’s Antiwork subreddit? The workforce has changed.
The truth is, Millennials and Gen Z workers don’t want the same things you did. They’re not willing to put up with the same things you did. Many don’t believe retirement is a realistic option for them. They don’t want to sacrifice now for later. They want a great life now. And that impacts how and where they’re willing to work.
That’s why to attract and retain smart and talented people, organizations more than ever need to be clear on their values and how they impact employees.
The world always changes. It’s changed since you were younger. And those changes have changed today’s workforce. This engaging keynote helps your leaders and managers adapt to these changes and gives them specific, proven techniques for building stronger teams and boosting employee retention.
Eruption Not Disruption
How to Bulletproof Your Business and Attract More Customers & Employees, Even in Difficult Times!
(This talk can be presented in LEADERSHIP, MARKETING, SALES or CUSTOMER SERVICE versions)
Disruption is coming: Amazon shut down Borders. Netflix rewound Blockbuster. Uber drove Yellowcab in San Fran off the road. And many companies are struggling to attract good talent to into their ranks. In this bracing, yet entertaining and ultimately uplifting program, Brian reviews the technology, social and economics trends that have changed business, why so many companies have got out of business and lost traction and how other companies are growing and succeeding today. You’ll learn:
What’s different about what customers and employees want today and how to connect your brand to people today.
Why the key to ensuring survival and thriving as a company is making sure your customers are thrilled and you’re innovating.
The tools, technologies and processes top companies are using to capitalize on change and build a better future.
Where to go to find and stay up to date on trends and insights about how to make the customers and employees of today and tomorrow happy.
How Agile Organizations Adapt to Change, Boost Teamwork and Increase Productivity
Is your organization adapting to the pace of the 21st century or dragging its feet?
Some people love new things and enjoy change. Others feel threatened or overwhelmed even if they aren’t saying it!
Naturally, you want to keep your top talent and get and keep everybody on board so that you can keep your ship headed the right direction… and avoid crashing into the iceberg of disruption.
Brian Carter’s digital transformation keynote programs help organizations overcome their biggest obstacles and stresses with a combination of comedy, story and business success stories, customized to your organization, industry and event.
The reason Brian is frequently selected as keynote for all kinds of events is because meeting planners and audiences want to move beyond the limitations of traditional “best-practices” and achieve breakthrough goals to maximize their success.
Depending on Customization, Program Highlights May Include:
- How to create bigger opportunities and success.
- Why today’s opportunities are so exciting and how to transfer that enthusiasm to your team.
- Common digital transformation myths that slow down transformation and create employee resistance.
- How anyone can become an experts in new technologies and tools.
- Listening skills and technologies that make success simpler and easier than ever before.
- Align your team around core goals and messages.
- How to get on the same page and work smoothly with I.T. (Information Technology) departments and providers.
- Digital tools for employee engagement, management, admin, HR, accounting, marketing, sales and customer loyalty.
Eruption Not Disruption: What’s Really Working Today?
- LISTENING makes people happy and is one of the first steps to a great sale. Listen and empathize if you want more sales, because when you talk about yourself too much, your likability disappears and so does the prospect. You know those bores everyone avoids because they keep telling the same old stories from 1995 and they never ask what’s new with you? They’re fun for about 10 minutes, but then you’re looking for an exit. So don’t be the jerk everyone avoids- listen and have a dialogue, and you’ll create a better experience and happier customers- plus you’ll probably hear the actual problem and have a chance to solve it by selling them your product or service.
- LIKABILITY makes the connection in prospecting and networking. If you tell someone you hate their hometown, sports team or fashion choices… they probably won’t like you and they’ll buy from someone else. But if you can appear likable and approachable, you start to warm up that prospect. The salespeople who know how to project likability on LinkedIn, Facebook, in email, via text messages and other online methods have a huge advantage in those earlier prospecting and networking stages of sales.
- TRUST creates more sales and more repeat sales. Trust is important even for that first sale. But if you’re selling to the same people repeatedly, it’s critical! And to be trusted long-term, you have to be likable and empathetic. 83% of customers are loyal to the companies and salespeople they trust- so just be yourself, be honest and have integrity- the stuff we learned in kindergarten. It’s that simple- and it works both in person and online in your social networking.
- TECHNOLOGY is now one of the biggest keys to sales success. The kind of technology is different for every salesperson… sometimes it’s just the mobile phone, for some it’s LinkedIn and other social networks, and for some it’s really intense CRM work- but technology has become critical to most top-performing salespeople’s success. When you embrace the power of these devices, databases and tools, you can reach more prospects and make more sales- more easily, more quickly and more profitably.
12 Shocking Statistics & Predictions
- 87% of executives think technologies will disrupt their industries.
- Only 44% said their companies are doing enough to adequately prepare for digital disruption..
- Since 2008, more “things” (about 14 billion) are connected to the Internet than people.
- Nearly 100% of leaders see digital technologies as an opportunity.
- Innovative companies outperform others in revenue, profits and market cap
- 84% of customers want the companies they buy from to be innovative.
- Business leaders see artificial intelligence as fundamental to future business and 72% of leaders consider it a business advantage.
- In the restaurant industry, 44% of younger consumers say convenience is more important than cuisine and 70% of smartphone owners look at restaurant menus on their devices.
- 86% of the most qualified candidates for your open positions are already employed and not actively seeking a new job.
- E-sports will affect the sports industry, as more than 40 million people watched a Las Vegas video game tournament and over 100 millions watched one in China, and represents over $300 million in revenue in the U.S. alone.
- 56% of healthcare leaders see cybersecurity as their #1 concern.
- By 2020, the average person will have more conversations with bots than with their spouse.
- By 2022, The Internet of Things will save consumers and businesses $1 trillion a year.
Why Choose Motivational Speaker Brian Carter?
When you hire the right keynote speaker, your audience leaves energized, entertained, educated and alive with possibilities.
Brian has worked with some of the most successful organizations in the world. He has more than 20 years (including recent, up-to-the-minute experience) working in the business world and has conducted programs for market-leading companies and organizations including Salesforce, GoToMeeting, Microsoft, The U.S. Army, Colliers International and Union Bank. Brian has also counseled many traditional companies and lagging industries on how to catch up and excel. The Brian Carter group has conducted an intensive ten-year study across 28 industries to learn the difference between disrupted and thriving organizations.
Brian understands that YOU know more about your challenges, successes, and people than anyone else. He will work with you to customize the program(s) for maximum impact.