How Can We Reduce Turnover and Increase Morale?
Fortune-500 consultant Brian Carter’s powerful and entertaining keynotes for executives and managers answer the big question:
“Why is employee retention a growing problem, and what are the organizations with the best cultures and lowest turnover doing differently?”
ERUPTION NOT DISRUPTION
The 5 Keys to Retaining Today’s Employees
Turnover can disrupt your company. But great culture and morale can help you erupt to new levels of success. Does your organization have the kind of culture people want to show up for, and inspires them to give you their best? Or are you besieged by apathy, disengagement, and quiet quitting?
In this keynote (customizable for your entire company or just leaders), attendees learn:
- The 5 reasons people stick around or jump ship.
- How corporate values can make or break your workforce.
- How diversity of all kinds creates stronger teams and supports innovation.
- How to build likability and trust to create team bonds and increase morale.
- How to maximize engagement with every individual.
- And much more!
In this insightful talk, Brian harnesses his 15 years researching and managing employees of all sorts to deliver a no-nonsense session that will equip your leaders and managers, or your entire team, to keep the band together and rock out even harder. With concrete takeaways you can put into practice on Monday, this program shows you how your organization can boost retention and morale.
5 Keys to Adapting to Changing Employees
We know that things change. But – OH NO – they just changed again! Whether you call everyone under 40 Millennials or you call everyone over 50 Boomers, we’re are still working on the best ways to get along. Our values, visions, and work-lifestyles are often at odds. And yet there are proven, concrete actions we can take to resolve conflicts, get on the same page, and boost engagement.
This customized hands-on leadership session is based on cutting-edge research and fascinating case studies from dozens of industries- even the FBI and CIA! You’ll learn the specific tools and tactics to improve culture, morale, and productivity.
In this motivational and entertaining keynote, leaders will learn:
- How to get everyone on the same page with corporate values and goals.
- What the glue is that binds strong cultures and teams, and how to get more!
- The biggest obstacle to diversity and inclusion, and the solution that brings everyone together.
- The secret to maximizing your connection with every individual.
- How to implement a tech-empowered future that keeps employees excited and loyal.
- How to connect when you can’t meet face-to-face.
What’s Working in Employee Retention Today?
VALUES: If leaders aren’t on the same page with corporate values, the rest of the company will be in conflict. If the values don’t fit the employees, either the values need to change, or there will be a lot of layoffs.
LISTENING: We can listen to employees directly, we can survey and we can listen to all the data everyone is now collecting! Data insights have dramatically improved modern management capabilities.
TRUST: Without trust, you just don’t have a relationship. You and your communications must be trustworthy, or your leadership power is undermined.
LIKABILITY: Likability may be even more important than trust! When you’re likable, people listen to you and are more likely to favor your ideas. When you’re unlikable, they can’t wait to get away from you, and they say one thing to you and another thing behind your back.
TECHNOLOGY: Tech is changing what works in leadership. We have to stay current. If you aren’t on top of technology, you can look outdated. If your skills are outdated, if you’re out of touch, why should people listen to you?
10 Critical Employee Retention Stats
- 85% of employees are not engaged at work (source).
- 18% are not just indifferent, but actively resentful of their current work environment and may act out their unhappiness, potentially harming their colleagues’ work in the process (source).
- Highly engaged employees are 87% less likely to leave their employer (source).
- 77% of organizations report they’re currently experiencing a leadership gap (source).
- 71% of Gen Zers would accept a pay cut in order to do more meaningful work (source).
- 69% of employees report that they would work harder if they felt more appreciated at work (source).
- 63% of Millennials said their leadership skills were not being fully developed (source).
- 89% of Human Resources professionals claim that providing ongoing feedback and clear expectations are optimal for increasing employee engagement (source).
- Strong company culture increases revenue 4x (source).
- 89% of employees working for companies with wellness programs are engaged and happy with their job (source).
- Only 17% of employees would recommend a company that is not committed to improving the well-being of its workforce (source).
Why Choose Keynote Speaker Brian Carter?
When you hire the right speaker, your audience leaves energized, entertained, educated and alive with possibilities.
Brian has worked with some of the most successful organizations in the world. He has more than 20 years (including recent, up-to-the-minute experience) recruiting, leading, managing and retaining people and has conducted programs for market-leading companies and organizations including Salesforce, GoToMeeting, Microsoft, NBC, Colliers International and JP Morgan. The Brian Carter group has conducted an intensive eight-year study of the most effective social media methods for attracting job candidates across 28 industries to learn what makes them successful.
Brian understands that you know more about your challenges, successes, and people than anyone else. He will work with you to customize the program(s) for maximum impact.