Talent Acquisition, Recruiting and HR Speaker
How Are Top Organizations Attracting and Keeping More Great Employees?
Business owner, growth expert and keynote speaker Brian Carter’s highly entertaining, customized and research driven keynotes for executives, managers and HR professionals answer the big question:
“How do you target and reach more great candidates, get them to see why your open positions are the right opportunities for them and get them to apply both reliably and affordably?”
ATTRACTING THE FUTURE
Proven, New Ways to Acquire and Retain Great Employees, Even in Difficult Areas!
Getting and keeping employees is more challenging than ever. That’s why recruiters, staffing companies and HR professionals are looking at new talent acquisition strategies. There are reliable and affordable new ways to capture job applicants. Are enough of the right people hearing about the open positions you’re concerned about? Are the right candidates being actively targeted? Are job descriptions and other messaging powerful enough to increase candidates’s interest? Find out what really works with the Internet and social media to attract the people you need.
This customized hands-on session is based on over 100,000 job applications in dozens of industries for 100’s of job roles including office, warehouse, healthcare, financial and more. You’ll learn the specific tools and tactics to get more of the best candidates to apply! In this motivational and entertaining keynote, some of the things you’ll learn include:
- How to take more action and get more great candidates to apply for jobs.
- How to show candidates exactly why the specific culture is a great fit for them in language they’ll get excited about.
- How to overcome generational and other demographic issues in attracting a great workforce.
- How to become more competitive, even at a national or regional level, regardless of the geographic location of the hiring organization.
Generation “Why Not?”
Attracting and Retaining All Five Generations to Create Great Work Cultures
Millennials are gaining power and they’re uniquely valuable. Do you know how to attract them to your workforce and keep them there? What about Gen Z, which has already started to enter the workforce: who are they? What about Gen X, Boomers and the Silent Generation? How can we attract them all to work together with Millennials and Gen Z in one big, happy family?
In this entertaining, inclusive and research-based keynote for teams, executives and HR pros, Gen X’er Brian Carter leverages 20 years of experience recruiting, managing, serving and partnering with all five of these generations- plus the latest stats and research to deliver a thought-provoking and practical talk that will take your recruiting and staffing efforts to the next level.
Brian’s unique perspective and hilarious original jokes and stories dissolve tension and bring everyone together in this enlightening and practical program:
- Each generation’s special strengths and skills, and how to make open jobs more appealing to each.
- Workplace issues created by generation gaps and how to prevent them from the start.
- How to identify, prevent and overcome the 5 Top intergenerational communication obstacles
- What each generation is looking for, how they prefer to communicate, and what that means for recruiting.
HR & Recruiting in 2019: What’s Really Working Today?
- LISTENING to candidates, employees and managers is key. And not just via conversation, but also by listening to all the data everyone is now collecting! Data insights have dramatically improved talent acquisition, management and retention.
- TRUST is fundamental– no one can disagree with that- your people, messaging and procedures need to be trustworthy, or you won’t attract or your people-attracting power is severely dampened.
- LIKABILITY may be more important than trust! When your company, culture, jobs and messaging are likable, people are more attracted to your company.
- TECHNOLOGY is changing what works in Recruiting. Today, many people use websites like Indeed, Dice and LinkedIn. Younger digital natives may look at Glassdoor employee reviews when considering a company. And different generations communicate and contact employers differently, so we need a multiprong talent acquisition strategy that addresses social media just as much as face-to-face communication or job fairs.
8 Key Recruiting Facts
- Nearly 50% of global employers say talent shortage is their #1 challenge. (source)
- 73% of Millennials found their last job through a social media site. (source)
- Job applicants acquired from Facebook ads can be 4-5x more affordable than from sites like Careerbuilder or Indeed. (source)
- The average number of applicants per open requisition has declined every year since 2015.” (source)
- More than two-thirds (67 percent) of employed American adults agree that the application, interview or offer process would make or break their decision on whether to take a job. (source)
- Nearly 7-in-10 people use Google as part of their typical process to search for open jobs and research potential employers. (source)
- More specifically, 83 percent of millennials use Google during their job search, and Gen-Xers (68 percent) are taking advantage of the popular search engine more readily than boomers (53 percent). (source)
- Nearly three-in-five (59 percent) job candidates have abandoned an online application specifically because there were issues or bugs with the website. (source)
Why Choose Keynote Speaker Brian Carter?
When you hire the right speaker, your audience leaves energized, entertained, educated and alive with possibilities.
Brian has worked with some of the most successful organizations in the world. He has more than 20 years experience recruiting, managing and retaining people and has conducted programs for market-leading companies and organizations including Salesforce, GoToMeeting, Microsoft, NBC, Colliers International and JP Morgan. The Brian Carter group has conducted an intensive eight-year study of the most effective social media methods for attracting job candidates across 28 industries to learn what makes them successful.
Brian understands that you know more about your challenges, successes, and people than anyone else. He will work with you to customize the program(s) for maximum impact.