How Does Social Media Make Money, Get You Seen and Attract More Talent?
Keynote speaker Brian’s highly entertaining, customized and research-driven keynotes for marketers and business owners answer the big questions: “How does social media make money? How do you make sure customers know who you are? And how do you attract more people to work at your company?”
Motivational Social Media Keynotes & Breakout Sessions
The Secrets of Social Success
How Social Marketing Gets You Seen, Attracts Talent and Makes You Money
This high-energy, entertaining, motivational social media program is based on an in-depth 7-year study of 100’s of top performing companies in 18 industries who used social media to successfully drive revenue, new business and profits- regardless of their size, budget or training. Through candid interviews, and direct work with these companies, Brian learned the specific strategies and tactics they used to succeed. This session looks at those best practices and teaches you a proven process to create your own marketing success.
- How to become #1 in your category or local market no matter what!
- A Fortune 500 social marketing strategy that can make any-sized company more money.
- How to reach the right people- anyone, of any age- with social media.
- Why a strategy that made Warren Buffet rich can boost your marketing revenues up to 10x.
- The most important social marketing platforms and strategies… And time-wasters to avoid.
- The surprising truth about viral marketing, and how companies actually use modern marketing to achieve and sustain strong growth.
- When you should use social ads and how to budget for them.
- What today’s biggest marketing problem is and how to solve it and beat your competition.
- The social networks and tools top marketers use to get the biggest results.
- How to avoid the most common time-wasters and dead-ends in modern marketing.
- Where to invest your marketing time and money, both now and in the future.
- What the fastest growing organizations do that drives 10x more traffic, leads and sales than other social strategies (many of which are risky, unproven investments).
- How to overcome today’s biggest business success killer and thrive.
- The big change in business that now makes it possible even for new companies dominate their industries.
Zombies, Babies & Bacon!
How to Attract & Retain More of Your Best Customers By Hacking Their Brains With Social Data
Who’s top of mind when customers are ready for what you offer? You …or your competitors?
We are now living in The Attention Economy. Customers’s attention is rare, fickle and valuable. Research has proven we can only pay attention to on one thing at a time, and you can’t influence someone who isn’t pay attention to you. That means you have more competition than you may think. In fact, you’re competing with EVERYONE for attention: the news, sports, commercials… even Game of Thrones. So, if your marketing isn’t as interesting as the the NFL or Game of Thrones, all of your potential customers may ignore you. If you’re boring, you’re invisible. If you don’t stand out, you don’t stand a chance. What are you doing to become more interesting?
This high-energy, entertaining, motivational social media program is based on case studies of companies who used the latest social media tools and consumer data to better target and attract customers. They use cutting-edge attention-grabbing strategies and tactics to successfully drive new business, more revenue and bigger profits… regardless of their company’s size, budget or expertise. With these methods, PayPal boosted video views by 300%, Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s made mouths water with bacon, DirectBuy discovered that ugly furniture sells, and a chiropractor earned $10 for every dollar he spent online. Based on Brian’s forthcoming book Zombies, Babies & Bacon, this session looks at their best practices and teaches a simple three-step process anyone can use to maximize their results.
- Why boring companies have trouble staying afloat in the digital age, and how you can stand out.
- Common social media myths that kill customer response.
- How to excite customer brains and stir emotions into sales… while your competitors bore customers to death and themselves into bankruptcy.
- How to identify your most passionate potential customer segments and what makes them go.
- The keys to overcoming market data problems to beat your competition.
- How be sure which social network is most popular with your ideal customer.
- The difference between what everyone wants- and what your best customer wants.
- How to reach your entire target customer audience and become their preferred solution.
- The best, easiest and even some free social tools for bigger marketing results
- Maximizing customer engagement, sales and loyalty by tuning into their passions.
- How to win hearts and minds- and turn that into sales and profits.
Social Media Facts
- TV is online! Netflix subscriptions beat cable TV subscriptions in 2017. Plus there are YouTube, Amazon Fire & Prime Video, Apple TV and Hulu cutting into traditional TV viewing. The eyeballs have gone online- do your company’s marketing and business strategies reflect this?
- Americans use social media A LOT. Americans spend 35 minutes a day on Facebook and 15 minutes a day on Instagram (but only 2 minutes on LinkedIn and only one on Twitter). The only leisure activities Americans spend more time on than Facebook+Instagram are eating and TV & movies. Social media is an essential part of American life. Is social media an essential part of your marketing?
- Facebook is the king. Most people use social media. There are 2 billion Facebook users in the world. Over 200 million Americans (70% of them) are on Facebook. Facebook is most marketers’ #1 choice. Instagram is part of Facebook’s ad platform, ensuring you can reach younger demographics. Twitter has continually decreased in impact and importance since 2009. LinkedIn is valuable for only a few limited B2B purposes, and Facebook is the close second social media choice of B2B marketers. Is your company leveraging Facebook for all its worth?
- People use smartphones and tablets more than laptops and desktops. Since 2014, mobile devices have been the #1 way Americans experience the Internet. Is your company doing a good job marketing on mobile devices?
- Smartphone apps rule. 50% of internet usage happens via smartphone apps. Being seen in the most popular smartphone apps is critical to your business success. What are they? Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. With these three, you can easily and affordably reach any age group, interest or job title.
- Advertising is essential. 75% of brands promote their Facebook posts with ads. Nearly all of the most successful companies advertise. Social advertising is revolutionary and beats TV and radio because it has more accurate targeting, it’s more affordable, you have actual control over your ad costs, and you can continually measure and improve your results.
Social Marketing Essentials
What Do Customers Actually Respond to in Social Media?
- Listening attracts new customers. Listen and empathize if you want more new customers, more sales and customer loyalty, because when you talk about yourself too much, your likability disappears and so does the customer. You know those company that are all selling and no listening? They’re like those bores at social functions everyone avoids because they keep telling the same old stories from 1995 and they never ask what’s new with us! Don’t be the bore everyone avoids- listen and have a dialogue, and you’ll attract more people, more customers and more sales.
- Likability sells. If you tell someone you hate their hometown, sports team or fashion choices… surprise: They won’t buy from you! People make the things they like part of their identity, so your profits go up when you associate what they like with what you sell. Similarly, when you find out what perfume or cologne your significant other likes, you wear it…. because you get a lot more affection that way. The same is true in business: when you buy into what people like, they’re much more likely to buy into you… and they buy from you.
- Empathy drives revenue. Emotions can be more powerful than intellect when it comes to marketing and sales. What you get from reverse-engineering is about as adorable as a robot dog… we prefer real dogs. We shun people who try to con us- sometimes you can just feel it. Those who are too clever and intellectual have yet to learn: you can’t outsmart emotion. So, if you want more customers and loyalty, go for the heart. Use your heart to find their heart. Marketing with empathy isn’t a math equation, but it does add up to bigger revenues.
7 Keys to Social Media Success
- Be everywhere. Reach more of your target customers: “The secret of being the best is not being the best kept secret!”
- Adapt to your customers if you want a big response. Reach your best customers in their favorite places. Too many companies are using the 3rd best tool or 4th most popular site and expecting 1st place results. There is easily findable data about which ones are best and which ones your customers like the most. Don’t build a store in the middle of the woods with no road to it, or shout at the city from a desert 200 miles away, unless you like being ignored.
- Play a winning game. Mobile is the field we’re playing on, advertising is the quarterback that gets you past the defensive line and quality content scores your touchdowns. Advertise, go mobile and solve your content creation problems.
- Embrace the old and the new. Offline marketing PLUS internet marketing yields better results than only offline or only internet marketing. Arguing between them is like saying, “Peanut butter is better than jelly!” or “Jelly is better than peanut butter!” What a dumb argument! Just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, already!
- Trust your experts. Don’t play at marketing, because this is now a complicated profession. There are multiple job titles that each earn $60-100k annually. Digital marketers are skilled professionals like formula one race drivers- it’s too complicated now to play at it, and you don’t want to be a backseat driver and grab the wheel when we’re going 200 mph or next thing you know it’s a big flaming wreck. Some micro-managers can’t keep stop grabbing the controls from the expert driver… and the car never gets out of first gear. But when you let the right driver do their job, you can have a very good chance of winning every race. Top performing companies and managers invest in training & skills, so train your people and get help from an agency.
- Invest in digital and social marketing. Trying to do business or marketing without an ad budget is like trying to drive a car without gas. The Small Business Administration recommends spending 8-10% of your revenue on marketing and many of the most successful bigger companies spend that much or more. Many smaller businesses actually only spend about 1% and- not surprisingly- don’t get as many new customers or as much growth as they’d like. a leading beer company thought they didn’t need to advertise anymore- when they stopped, they saw their biggest competitor gain significant market share and become a big problem for them. Invest and you’ll see growth and you’ll create and maintain dominance.
- Do it now: If you aren’t growing, you’re dying. Business success is like walking quickly up an escalator that’s going down. things are always changing and if you stand still or waste time, you’re going down. But if you adapt, focus and keep moving, you’ll make it to the top.